Effective Medication Management for Seniors
Medication management is essential for many seniors. Medications provide effective treatments for acute and chronic conditions. St. John’s Retirement Village provides our Woodland, CA residents with exemplary medication management services. From pain relievers to everyday medications for chronic illnesses, we help residents manage any type of medication. We can discuss the best Medicare choices and enrollment plans for your needs and give you additional resources. We understand medication management is often a challenging subject, so we’re always here to answer questions or address concerns.
The Importance of Understanding Medications
Many of our residents rely on medication management for their health and quality of living. Some seniors may have trouble taking medications properly due to memory loss and double or skip doses. Many seniors have poor eyesight that hinders them from reading the instructions accurately. Our St. John’s team ensures each resident is offered proper mediation management to help them with them over counter and prescription medications. We’ll help each resident understand the prescriptions and administer help with dosages if needed.
Medication Management Services
Our skilled, trained caregivers provide various medication management services, including:
- Reminders to take medication
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Monitoring vital signs
- Picking up and refilling prescriptions
- Assisting with taking medication
- Providing resources to understanding medication
- Coordinating with family, physicians, and pharmacy about medications
Medicare Choice for You
We can help our seniors find the best Medicare services. We help residents understand the specific services each part of Medicare covers. We can also help with Medicare Advantage enrollment. This plan is considered the “all-in-one” coverage plan that differs from original Medicare. The bundled plans include all parts of Medicare with additional benefits like dental, vision, hearing, and more. Your choice of Medicare healthcare plan affects your coverage payments, services, doctors, and quality of care. The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) is from October 15 to December 7. We can also inform you about Medicare Advantage informational events and give you helpful Medicare resources for additional knowledge.
Offering Medicare Education
Medicare can be confusing for many people. If you already have Medicare and want to look into Medicare Advantage, we can help you weigh your options. We’ll educate you about the most important parts of Medicare plans. We’ll follow these steps when choosing a plan for your needs:
- Assess Coverage – If you’re already enrolled in a Medicare plan, we’ll check to see if there are any changes in your benefits. We’ll check Medicare Advantage plans for changes in doctors or hospitals in each network.
- Compare Out-Of-Pocket Expenses –We’ll take a deep look into each plan’s premium amounts and potential out-of-pocket costs. We’ll research copays, coinsurance, and deductibles to find the actual costs of your plan.
- Consider Consequences –Insurers renew Medigap coverage for seniors paying their premiums each year. You can purchase this Medigap plan when you initially enroll in Medicare at age 65. If you try to purchase a Medigap policy after the initial enrollment window, the problem comes. Insurers may try to charge higher prices or turn you down for fear of existing conditions. We can help navigate these situations.
Contact St. John’s Retirement Village
For over 50 years, St. John’s Retirement Village has provided superb senior living options for our residents. Our caring and trained staff put residents first as a nonprofit, multi-level assisted living senior care and housing community. Medication management is one of our top priorities to help our seniors live their best, healthy lives. Contact us to learn more!